2 cups cold mashed potatoes
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup real bacon bits
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
Oil for frying
1. Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in the egg, cheese, onions and bacon bits.
3. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
6. Serve warm.
Makes: 6 servings.