The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

BabyCakes Hot Buttered Rum Tailgate Cupcakes!



Fall weather has me thinking of hot buttered rum...but in cupcake form! I used my Babycakes mini cupcake maker for this recipe - but you can bake these like you would regular cupcakes!
I didn't slather the frosting on, and it looks a bit naked - but I swear they would be a fun food to warm up to a tailgate party!

HOT BUTTERED RUM (BabyCakes) CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE RUM FROSTING
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 1/4 cup butterscotch schnapps 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice (if you don't have, use nutmeg or double the cinnamon)
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat Babycake Mini Cupcake Maker
  2. Mix oil and sugar for one minute - add egg and mix for another minute. 
  3. Stir in rum and schnapps. 
  4. In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
  5. Add the flour mixture slowly, beating just until combined.
  6. Spoon the batter into BabyCakes maker and Babycake it for 6-7 minutes. 
  7. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
***I seriously think this would be REALLY good with some crumbled bacon mixed in. The bacon and rum would really compliment each other - and maybe instead of an orange frosting I might go with a maple frosting....

For the frosting - I made an orange butter cream using subbing rum instead of milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.