Fall weather has me thinking of hot buttered rum...but in cupcake form! I used my Babycakes mini cupcake maker for this recipe - but you can bake these like you would regular cupcakes!
I didn't slather the frosting on, and it looks a bit naked - but I swear they would be a fun food to warm up to a tailgate party!
HOT BUTTERED RUM (BabyCakes) CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE RUM FROSTING
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup butterscotch schnapps
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice (if you don't have, use nutmeg or double the cinnamon)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat Babycake Mini Cupcake Maker
- Mix oil and sugar for one minute - add egg and mix for another minute.
- Stir in rum and schnapps.
- In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add the flour mixture slowly, beating just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into BabyCakes maker and Babycake it for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
***I seriously think this would be REALLY good with some crumbled bacon mixed in. The bacon and rum would really compliment each other - and maybe instead of an orange frosting I might go with a maple frosting....
For the frosting - I made an orange butter cream using subbing rum instead of milk.