(No sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip
It’s gluten-free, too.
This is courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
- 2 T oats (You can omit)
- nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)
In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor and blend until very smooth.
If you wish, you can use: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.
This can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread, eaten with a spoon, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes.