Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Popsicles
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
12 Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies, finely chopped (see note below)
Magic Shell, optional
1. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add in the extracts and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until until it is fully incorporated into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in mint chocolate cookies.
2. Spoon the filling into a pastry bag or large zip top bag. Snip enough of the end off the bag to allow you pipe the mixture into your popsicle molds. Once your molds are full, gently tap the popsicle mold base on the countertop to help release any air pockets. Freeze according the manufacturers directions.
3. If desired, garnish each popsicle with Magic Shell and chopped cookies.
Tip: If you have an issue releasing your popsicles from the molds, run a little warm water along the sides of the molds, this will usually cause them to release with ease.
- If you cannot find the Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies, feel free to substitute Mint Oreos.
- I have not attempted this recipe with a substitute for the frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip).
- Due to the soft texture of this recipe, it is not recommended for use in a Zoku Quick Pop Maker.